In recent times, blogging has become a major source of making money online. For this reason everyone is joining the train so as not to be left behind. Blogging is very useful to getting your products, business or services out to the public. Through blogging you can reach several millions of people on the internet.
If you are considering creating a blog either for personal use or for business purpose this article is for you.
- It helps promote your business or brand
- It helps in creating an online reputation for yourself
- It also serves as a source of Income.
Also Read: Blogging tips For Beginners
Steps in Starting Your Blog
- Deciding on the Niche for your blog: This is the first and most important step in blogging. You have to decide carefully what you want to blog about. Choosing the right niche for your blog is very crucial to the success of your blog.
- Hosting: Before your blog can go online you need to host it. There are several free hosting services such as blogger and wordpress. As a beginner you can start with free hosting and later move your blog to a paid hosting service. There are lot of good and reliable hostingcompanies in Nigeria on which you can host your blog for a small fee.
- Buying your Custom Domain: If you use a free hosting service your URL will look like this www.yourname.blogspot.com or www.yourname.wordpress.com . This doesn’t look professional and most people don’t take blogs with such URL seriously. Hence if you are serious about blogging you should look at buying a custom domain. When you buy a custom domain your URL looks like this www.yourname.com . Buying a domain name is very cheap and easy there are lots of reliable domain name sellers in Nigeria where you can get a domain name for as low as N1500
- Designing your blog: Now that your blog is online you can try designing it using the various themes provided or if you are good at programming you can design your own custom theme or buy one for a fee.
- Improving your traffic: The next step in Blogging is improving your traffic and building your audience. Every blogger wants to have a blog with millions of monthly viewers but it takes a lot of time, energy and dedication to achieve this.Read Practical ways of Improving Your Traffic for more information
- Monetizing your blog: This is the dream of every blogger. A lot of people make their living through blogging; you too can. It takes a lot of time and practice to make your blog produce a steady cash flow.There are several ways of making money from your blog for more info read Making Money From Your Blog
Also Read: Adsense Alternatives
These are the most important steps necessary to build a successful blog. If you have any questions or opinions you can drop them in the comment section