Formerly Share N Sell, MTN Share is a service that allows you to transfer credit (airtime) from your MTN account to other MTN customer’s accounts.
MTN share can be used by old and new prepaid and post paid customers on the MTN NG network. This guide on how to transfer airtime from MTN to MTN shows you how to do it for free.
How to Transfer Airtime from MTN to MTN
Dialing *600*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok allows you to transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s. For instance, dial*600*08031234567*2000*1234# and then send/ok.
How to Change MTN Share PIN
By default, your airtime transfer PIN is 0000.
You can change it by taking the following actions:
- Send an SMS with your Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For instance, send an SMS with ‘0000 2222 2222 to 777.
- Optionally, You can also change your PIN by dialling *777*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your mobile phone and then click on send/press ok. For instance, dial *777*0000*2222*2222# and then send/OK.
As soon as it is changed using any of the above methods, you will be sent an SMS notifying you that your PIN was changed successfully.
READ MORE: How to Migrate to Glo Oga SIM
How To Transfer Airtime Using Sms
- Send an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For instance, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 2222’ to 777.
- Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
How to Transfer Airtime Using USSD
- Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK. For example, dial*777*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send/OK.
You will receive a message telling you that the transfer has been successful when the transfer has been completed.
And that is how to transfer airtime from mtn to mtn on your phone for free!