How to Open a Domiciliary Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank And Firstbank Presently
One of the bank problem any Nigerians face today is opening a Domiciliary account in Nigerian, it has come to our notice that many people don’t have a pinch of idea on how to open a Domiciliary account in Nigerian with any of the Nigerian banks that offer this kind of bank account .
Well, this article is created to teach our readers how they can open a Domiciliary account in Nigeria with any bank that offer this kind of bank account we have the likes of Gtbank Bank, Zenith Bank And Firstbank .
READ MORE: Gotv Customer Care Number Plus Emails and Contact Details
Topic Under Discussion :
1. How to open a Domiciliary Account With Gtbank (Guarantee Trust Bank)
2. How to open a Domiciliary Account with Zenith Bank
3. How to open a Domiciliary Account With Firstbank Bank
Before we start this post proper , it is more than reasonable to define what the phrase “Domiciliary Account” means .
This will take us to the question :
What is Domiciliary Account?
Domiciliary account (Also known as Dom Account) is a bank account in Nigeria that is operated in foreign currency like US Dollar, Euro, Pounds , Pounds and they are valued at the prevailing exchange rate .
This bank account have several means or ways of funding it and they are through direct bank deposits, traveller’s cheques, cash inflows and lodgement of foreign currency cheques.
How To Open A Domiciliary Account With Gtbank in Nigeria And Requirements
Opening a Domiciliary Account with Guarantee Trust Bank Gtbank /Gtbank is the easiest amongst them and i will teach you how it goes . To open a Domiciliary Account with Guarantee Trust Bank Gtbank find all that you need to know after the jump .
1. You must have an account with Gtbank , this is the first stage . To open a a Domiciliary account with GTbank in Nigeria you need to have a saving account with them but some people would tell you that it’s current account please ignore that lie . It will be of advantage to you if you have been banking with them and this will give you a lift to the next stage. Well, if you don’t have account with them you can open one right away .
2. You Need a valid Identity Card. Opening a Dom account with Gtbank require you to provide a valid identity card like National identity card or Drivers licence or international passport or any other valid id card might be accepted. To be on the safer side just go to the bank with one of this items mentioned above to minimize your stress.
3. You Need a Proof of Residence . This has to do with confirmation of your home address as you have provided, this is an intentional enquiry to really know if you reside in the exact house that you claim to reside . To pass this step you must provide a Utility bill or Water bill or PHCH bill .
4. You need 2 Referees . Opening a DOM account with GTbank require you to bring along with you to the bank 2 Referees who must have a current or savings account with GTbank . Meanwhile, some banks will ask you to provide one Referee while some will insist you bring two . But for GTBank in particular , they insist on two Referees . The Referees would be given a form to fill , this form can be filled within the bank or taken home and to be submitted anytiem after filling .
5. You need 100 dollar for minimum balance to completely the setting up of your domiciliary account . his number five is very important .
6. After the necessary checks have been done, they will ask you to go and come back maybe in the next 48hrs . You are asked to come back so that you can collect your original account number. In most cases your account number will be sent to your phone . That is the phone number you registered with .
READ MORE: How to Check Data Balance on Glo, Etisalat, MTN and Airtel
How To Open A Domiciliary Account With Zenith bank In Nigeria And Requirements
1. Walk into any Zenith bank branch in Nigeria and tell the customer service representative that you want to open a DOM account with Zenith bank .
2. This type of account require you to have a savings or current account with them and the account must carry your real name and home address. But if you don’t have an account with them, then you can open one right away . Things would be more faster and simple if you already have an account with them .
3. THey will give you a Foreign Currency Account Opening Form specimen signature card, you will need two reference because they will give you two forms for your referee to fill. This means that you will be needing 2 referees to fill that form . But if you don’t have the two referees with you, you can bring them to the bank or better still take the form home and look for the referees to endorse them for you and bring it back to the bank for accessment .
4. After filling the forms , then return them to the them for submission and if there is any mistake it will be corrected . Thereafter, your account number would be sent to your phone within 48 to 72hours after necessary verification .
How To Open A Domiciliary Account With Firstbank Of Nigeria
1. Go to any Firstbank branch in Nigeria close to your home, when you get there go straight to their customer service desk and tell them what brought you to the bank.
2. Current or saving account is needed , if you have one with them already, good but if you don’t open one right away .
3. Just like the process involve in the other banks , you are going to be given a foreign currency account opening form and specimen signature card to fill, you have two choice you either fill them at the bank or you take them home . But note that you are to submit them after filling it.
4. When this account is ready (Firstbank Domiciliary Account) your account number will be sent to your phone inbox after 48 to 72hours. This is a signal that your Dom account name and account number is fully ready for use .
5. Go to the bank to deposite a minimum of $100 to activate your domiciliary account . When there is no money inside the account, it is still not fully activated you have to deposite atleast $100 to activate the account .
The processes are similar . I prefer GTbank Dom account, it’s a personal thing though .